Wednesday, June 30, 2010

When I grow up, I will buy myself a Kelly

My holy grail (for now, at least) is a Hermes Kelly. I look forward to the day I can finally afford it (here's wishful thinking for you). If I sell all the bags I own, along with my first born, I can probably buy one. Throw in my soul into the package, I might be able to get one in an exotic leather!


Makes you think Grace Kelly had it all, huh? Imagine meeting a prince, marrying him, and a designer naming a bag after you.



One of my style icons, Kelly Rutherford of Gossip Girl, toting another Kelly. I'm probably one of the few GG fans who isn't into Serena or Blair. I am into Lily!



And lest not we forget the Queen of Hermes herself, Madame Vicky Beckham.



See how classy the Kelly is? And see how classy the women carrying it are? So what to do if you want to feign classiness, but cannot afford it? You look for alternatives!


Here is my "Kelly" bag from a not-so-mainstream designer from Italy - Gianfranco Lotti. The quality is impeccable. Those Italians really know how to make their purses. Too bad they don't have store in Manila.


The design house has other pretty purses, such as:
 
Another alternative is the Louis Vuitton Malesherbes. I especially like it in Epi, it is ten more times prettier than the usual monogram.

And of course for the quilt lovers, we have a transmutation of the Kelly from Chanel.

Now excuse me while I find someone interested to buy my soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment