Monday, June 28, 2010

Our mothers used to carry these!

One of the reasons I started this blog is the lack of information on vintage designer bags on the net. The ladies at the Purse Forum are very helpful, but there are only a few members there who can truly authenticate (or appreciate) vintage goods. I guess not everyone likes old things. They want their bags fresh and shiny and new. I like my bags musty, "historical", and well, old. Maybe I am strange.

Gucci is an iconic brand. Growing up in the 80s, I used to see these interlocked GG's around. I didn't care for them then, but the logos somehow ended up etched in my mind. How's that for subtle brainwashing?

The Gucci Anniversary Collection was popular in the late 80s. There are some floating around on eBay and other vintage resellers, and for a bunch of 20-year old bags, they still look great. Just goes to show how good the quality is. However, the usual problem would be the lining flaking off. I don't mind actually, as long as the exterior looks good.



Apparently, there are also some celebrities who like old stuff  (see, I am not that strange).

Sarah Michelle Gellar (aka Buffy) carrying a vintage Gucci Boston from the Anniversary Collection

Lindsay Lohan with the same, but more beat up looking, vintage boston. (Note to self: vintage doesn't mean abused and beat up).



Kerry Washington with the navy boston.


So they say that you grow old to be like your mother? Well if it means carrying vintage Gucci, then I don't mind. Not at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment